Pages

Superbowl Blackout had an IMPACT...

Prior to the black out in yesterday's Superbowl game, the Ravens had a 28-6 lead over the Niners.  Not only did they have a comfortable lead, they also had all the momentum   They had just opened up the second half of play with a 108 yard touchdown return.  Momentum was indeed on their side.

Then the lights in the Super Dome went out!  This power surge definitely made a huge IMPACT on the game.  Following the blackout, the Niners rallied back and came without 5 yards of winning the game.  Momentum had shifted in the favor of the Niners.

The blackout CHANGED the game.  It changed the momentum.  It changed the flow.  It changed the mind-set.  It changed the environment.

As I think about LEADERSHIP, I find myself asking the question, "What kind of IMPACT am I making?"  Does my leadership change the momentum?  Does my leadership change the flow?  Does my leadership change the mind-set?  Does my leadership change the environment?

Leadership is about creating positive change!  It's about challenging ourselves and others to be better and do better.  As leaders in our schools, in our homes, at our workplaces, its up to us to MAKE AN IMPACT, to make a difference, to create positive change.  (Change of attitude, momentum, mind-set, behavior, etc...)

Reflect on this:  What kind of IMPACT are you making?

No comments:

Post a Comment